Week 3: “In this moment, while watching breath and stillness dance, I notice . . .”

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of caremycue caremycue 2 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of caremycue
    caremycue
    Keymaster

Writing uses a different part of our brain than when we speak or talk. As such, journaling provides us the opportunity to know ourselves in an entirely different way.

A few simple pointers: While journaling, don’t cross out or in other ways edit what you’ve written; Keep writing for a few minutes or as long as it feels comfortable and useful. That’s it!

This week’s journal prompt is:

Week 3: “In this moment, while watching breath and stillness dance, I notice . . .”

Week 1

Profile photo of caremycue
    caremycue
    Keymaster

In this moment, while watching breath and stillness dance, I notice the sound of cars on the road nearby, birds singing, and people talking. I notice the sounds of a child rising from her slumber ready to start her day. I notice oxygen which fuels my blood making possible this moment of reflection. I notice the changeless stillness within which the activity of life unfolds. I notice the death of this moment, and how it so seamlessly and perfectly births itself anew in this moment. I notice how the measured tick of my brain gives rise to my capacity to notice, interpret, and reflect upon the activity, drawing upon a story board which does not exist.

Breath and stillness continue dancing even when I do not watch. The seeming continuity of one moment to the next is a masterful illusion. Allowing this moment to remain unburdened by our ability to reflect upon the past and project into the future creates a space ripe for discovery.

In this moment, while watching breath and stillness dance, I notice eternity woven throughout the temporal nature of this form.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Let's connect!

Questions? Comments? I'd love to hear from you!

Sending

Forgot your details?